6.29.2009

a family affair.

When Tammy heard about mocha club, she quickly started a team for her family, giving up $7 a month. She sent invitation emails to everyone she could think of, sharing her story of answering the call to give to our Orphan Care projects, despite hard financial times for their family. (Read updates on those projects here!)
But it didn't stop there. Tammy wanted to do more.
She bought "I need Africa more than Africa needs me" tshirts for her entire family to wear to church. She talked with her pastor and shared her vision of getting the whole church involved, and organized a donation to her project from the church. She's also getting the Life Group she and her husband attend excited about running a campaign.
And, she got her kids involved. Ten-year-old Delaney decided to give her money to help the orphans, and created a drawing with the phrase "We are all the same". We were able to take the drawing over with our Mocha Club Cape Town trip (it is pictured above with some orphans in Khayelitcha, South Africa!) Fourteen-year-old Presley spreads the message of Mocha Club to her classmates and draws posters, getting her friends excited about helping!

How can you get your family involved?
You decide. You make the difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Mocha Club and everything it stands for. I am sad that only one person has joined my team but on the other hand that one person joining gives me HOPE that more and more people's hearts will eventually be touched and they too will join. I love the people of Africa and I have never met them! I will continue to try to be God's hands and feet and hopefully by His grace, I will be able to help the people of Africa...one step at a time. Tammy